Workshop: Principles of Graphic Facilitation
In Principles of Graphic Facilitation you will learn how to facilitate groups and support their work using large-scale graphic displays to help them clarify and achieve their meeting outcomes. We take you step-by-step through graphic recording fundamentals, teach you essential facilitation methods, and help you combine the two as you practice graphic facilitation in small-group settings throughout the workshop. You will learn how to draw basic icons and images, plan and create large-format displays, record dialogue in real time, and lead groups through processes toward their goals.
This three-day workshop is filled with examples and case stories from the trainer that will help you connect what you are learning to your own work, along with plenty of coaching and feedback to help you improve as you practice what you learn.
- Hands-on graphics immersion: practice the core skills of graphic recording, including public listening, lettering, and core drawing skills.
- Fundamental graphic formats: gain understanding of the seven graphic formats that can be combined and recombined to create any graphic structure you need.
- Working with blank charts: learn to envision the structure of a wall chart before you even begin recording.
- Icons and images: build your visual library with dozens of quick drawings that are useful in multiple contexts.
- Facilitation skills: learn and practice working with frameworks to help you diagnose what the group needs next so you can flex with its changing needs.
- Process and agenda design: identify activities to support a group’s outcomes and weave them together into an effective design for an upcoming meeting of your own.
- Meeting documentation: learn how to extend the effectiveness of your meetings and ensure the group can follow up on its decisions with creative, visual meeting documentation.
- Workshop kit: your workshop kit includes three Grove manuals packed with tips and best practices for visual facilitation, a practice workbook to build your lettering and drawing skills, and a set of markers.
This workshop is for you if:
• You facilitate groups and want to include large-scale visual support in your repertoire.
• You are a graphic recorder who wants to transition to graphic facilitation.
• You love working with groups and want to explore a possible new career as a graphic facilitator.
• You find yourself in a lot of meetings and want to be able to make them more engaging and effective.
|Jul 25-27, 2018
||San Francisco, CA
|Oct 24-26, 2018
||San Francisco, CA
To register: email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 1.415.561.6130
or 1.800.49.GROVE, ex. 3.
* = If workshop date is in
, please call 415.561.6130 to be added to the waitlist.
I came back from your Principles of Graphic Facilitation workshop energized and with a pack full of skills (and resources) and a wonderful support group. I wanted to tell you that it has been among the best workshops I have ever attended: great design, great trainer/facilitator, great materials, and very practical. In fact, I am putting my new skills into practice right now.
Sylvia Vriesendorp, Institutional Development Specialist
Management Sciences for Health