Intensive in Germany: Visual Consulting: Designing & Leading Change with David Sibbet & Gisela Wendling
A three-day training in Neunkirchen-Seelscheid (near Cologne), Germany. This Intensive is for facilitators and consultants seeking to deepen their skills in designing and leading organization-change and social-change processes using a range of visual tools.
In this hands-on Intensive, Grove founder David Sibbet and Gisela Wendling, Ph.D. will share their new work from their forthcoming book Visual Consulting: Designing & Leading Change. Participants are invited to bring a process-consulting challenge and will emerge with a process design and knowledge of a range of proven intervention methods that will lead to successful change. Participants will be introduced to the new Seven Challenges of Change Framework and will experience generative dialogue among participants and experienced guidance by the leaders.
David brings 40 years of practitioner experience with complex processes in public, community and organizational settings. Gisela builds on her 25 years of practice and research with organization development, transformational learning, change, and deep dialogue.
“This is one of the best Grove workshops I’ve been to,” a senior consultant attendee stated. “I’ve not seen any approach to supporting change that so successfully balances attention to both the inner and the outer process of change.”
- Work on a change challenge from your organization or client.
- Appreciate how inner dynamics and outer structures combine to support system change.
- Discover the power of integrating dialogic practices, visual facilitation, and change with use of self.
- Learn about cutting-edge visual consulting practices to cultivate and harvest the momentum of change.
- Practice visual formats for creating strong process containers for change.
- Learn about successful cases in both private and public sectors.
- Experience deep sharing and new relationships with peers who can support you in an ongoing way.
- Develop mutually empowering and respectful partnerships with stakeholders and client organization—internal and external.
- Learn the Seven Challenges of Change Framework as a guide to designing and leading organization and social change.
- Appreciate the Liminal Pathways Framework as describing a fundamental pattern of change, with a special focus on the challenging interior dynamics that are part of it.
- Practice large-scale process mapping and co-create specific process designs for participant change challenges.
- Develop a context map for a specific change consulting challenge.
- Learn graphic practices for scoping client and stakeholder needs.
- Understand how to organize and facilitate a process-design team.
- Learn about ongoing contracting for goals, roles, and results.
- Explore the role and diverse tasks of leaders of change.
- Gain insight about how to support the momentum of change over a sustained period.
- Throughout, learn and practice change leadership skills including listening, asking questions, increasing self-understanding, and working with creativity and uncertainty.
Note: Lunch and breaks will be provided.
About the Presenters
This workshop is for you if:
- • You are leading organizational change inside an organization or a community.
- • You are a consultant working on strategic change or change process design.
- • You are a facilitator who works on organizational and social change.
|Sept 12-14, 2018
||Neunkirchen-Seelscheid, Germany (near Cologne)
To register: email email@example.com
or call 1.415.561.6130
or 1.800.49.GROVE, ex. 3.
* = If workshop date is in
, please call 415.561.6130 to be added to the waitlist.
This is a masterpiece of pioneering work! David and Gisela are two trailblazers bringing together their art and mastery. Transformative change work dances with visual practice. This workshop is a practice dojo for the new facilitator, leader and host.
Holger Scholz, Founder of